Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Final Manipulation: Fixed, Mixed, and Bizarre-o-fied

This collection is called, "Fixed, Mixed, and Bizarre-o-fied."  It is called that because I fixed some pictures, mixed others, and then I made some just plain weird.  Most of these pictures carry an "out of this world" kind of feeling.  The main techniques I used were color adjustment, and the scissor select.  I used a lot of other tools, but those were the main ones.  I did have some large challenges but the biggest one was coming up with ideas of what to do.

Before


On this one I used the Healing tool almost exclusively.  It has a happy feeling to it because of the smile and the bright background.  I took this in my living room.

Fixer Upper


Before


On this I only adjusted the color.  I don't know where this was taken, it is just a picture that I like a lot.

Wolf in Purple Clothing


Before


This is the same as "Wolf in Purple Clothing."  All I did was adjust the color and I don't know who made it.  This has a weird feeling.

Serpent Nebula


Before



On this one I pasted the picture of the moon that I took in my front yard onto this picture I found.  Then I changed the colors.  This has a bizarre beauty to it and has a peaceful feeling.

Moonrise


Before




I used an altered version of my moon picture with these two other pictures.  I copied the moon and the lava onto the panther and then cropped it.  This has a scary feeling.

Demon Cat


Before



The penguin picture was taken in my room and the tree picture was taken in the mountains near my home.  I copied the penguin into the picture and adjusted the color.

Mugged by a Penguin


Before




This one took a really long time and a lot of layers.  I copied the silhouette of the eagle to a new picture, copied the lava on top of the bird, erased the excess, smudged a bit here and then, and then pasted it onto my moon picture.

Flight of the Pheonix


Before



For this one I copied my brother into this rain forest picture and then selected his jacket and changed its color.  I took the picture of my brother in my living room.

Forest is Watching You



Before



For this one I cropped out most of the tiger and removed the majority of its color.  What was left I made blue and pasted on top of the moon which I made the same color.

Man in the Moon was Eaten


Before


This one was a lot of fun.  I scissor selected my brother's hair and made it red.  Then I copied it, flipped it, and pasted it onto his chin.  I used the clone and smudge tools to touch it up a bit.  I took this in my living room.

How to Wink like a Leprechaun




No comments:

Post a Comment